How do I dispose of household trash?
- Please ensure that household waste is properly stored in the designated wheelie bins until collection. Our waste collection service provider will collect rubbish from your property three times per week. Take a look at your waste collection schedule here.
Please do not place garbage bins outside your property, but ensure they remain within the premises of your villa.
Who is responsible for looking after the domestic bins?
- You are. Residents are responsible for putting their own bins out, bringing them in and keeping them clean. For more information please refer to the community rules.
My bin is old and worn out. Whose responsibility is it to replace it?
- It is your responsibility to replace your bin. You may contact Imdaad Waste Management Services on 800 8200.
Where can I take materials for recycling?
- We are pleased to inform you that as part of a sustainability initiative, a recycling programme is already present in your community. Through this, we have introduced recycling bins for all homes – at no additional cost.
Additionally, there are recycling stations in your community, located outside The Meadows Souk and The Lakes Club.
For more information on what you can recycle, refer to the recycling fact sheet.
Why won’t the waste management company pick up my garden waste?
- Your gardener is responsible for collecting and properly disposing of landscaping waste and debris from your garden and this should be included in your private maintenance contract. However, small quantities of landscaping waste, neatly bundled and placed inside your garbage bin, will be collected with household waste.
I have old furniture and other bulky items to dispose of. What can I do?
- We have partnered with two service providers to help residents get rid of old furniture, equipment and other larger household items. You can reach out to Take My Junk on 800 JUNK (5865), or Remove My Junk on 055 549 1122.
- Click here to know more about what can be disposed of as part of this service.
My waste isn’t being collected. Why?
- All garbage for pickup is to be placed inside the bins provided. Only small quantities of landscaping waste, that is neatly bundled and placed inside your garbage bin, will be collected with household waste.
- Residents can contact our junk collection partners Take My Junk on 800 JUNK (5865), or Remove My Junk on 055 549 1122 for removal of large/heavy items. Click here to know more about what can be disposed of as part of this service.