Here are some tips from our landscaping team to help you keep your landscaping lush and healthy:
- Maintain a mowing height of 2.5 to 3 inches but during summer, increase this to 3 or 3.5 inches to reduce water loss from your soil.
- Check your irrigation system for leaks periodically.
- Water your landscaping as per its requirements and not just every day.
- Apply water directly to the roots of plants to minimise evaporation and water runoff.
- Avoid mid-day watering – instead, water in the early hours before sunrise to lessen water loss through evaporation and daytime winds.
- Choose plants that are native to the arid climate of the Middle East and require less water such as desert rose, flame trees, bougainvillea, neem, palms and hibiscus.
- Make adjustments to watering durations as needed; for example, shaded or protected areas may need less water than patches that are always under the sun.
- For better efficiency, install a drip irrigation system to minimise evaporation.
- Water brown spots by hand and check your irrigation system; lawns usually develop brown spots because of faults in the sprinkler system.
- Planting seeds in the common areas (outside the boundary of your villa) is prohibited.
- Refer to the landscaping fact sheet for more information.